History of 25 Waterloo Avenue
Beaver Hall at 25 Waterloo Avenue was built 1862-64 for Dr. Thomas S. Parker. It's L-shaped plan, bracketed eaves, and the carved stone lintels on its windows and doorways are typical of the late Italianate style. Dr. Parker, mayor of Guelph in 1861, was a popular physician in the area until he met a tragic death while walking home through a storm after attending a patient in Rockwood.
A.B. Petrie was Beaver Hall’s next occupant. It's last use as a residence was as the home of Douglas Mitchell and his wife Helen, great-granddaughter of John Galt.
Since then, it has served as a funeral home, later a real-estate office and now home to Juice Inc.
Thanks to the Altar and Hearth in Victorian Guelph, published by the Guelph Arts Council, 1994.